Friday, March 21, 2008

A really "good" Good Friday......

I hope everyone enjoyed the day today. Ian is feeling much better, but is still under the weather....we are glad that we canceled our trip. We did take him outside a little bit for some fresh air and he is sound asleep now....good!! He knew today was Good Friday and he knows what it means...he is listening!! The only problem was he got upset when people already knew that today was the day they nailed Jesus to the cross. He thought he was telling others that didn't already know...he was like...they already know..who told them?? He asked alot of questions about nailing Jesus to the cross...like did it bleed....did they break bones...did they use a hammer...good questions for a 4 year old. I think he was so focused on Jesus dying so that we could live...he didn't think about how he died.
I was just thinking of the gift that God gave me...us...you...sending his Son to die on the cross for our sins. As I saw yesterday...seeing your son in pain is hard...even if you know the outcome...it hurts while it is happening. I thought alot today about Jesus and the price that he paid for me to live. I sometimes get so caught up in the flesh world that I wouldn't say I forget...but, I just don't realize just how BIG that is....wow!!! I have been offered the gift of eternal life....PRICELESS!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: