Tuesday, March 18, 2008

Growing up so fast....

It is amazing how quickly Ian is growing up!! I am in the process of sorting pictures for his baby book and scrap books. Jeff and I couldn't believe how much we had forgotten about Ian. He was such a good baby...not sleeper...good baby. He wore the cutest little clothes..I couldn't find one picture with the same outfit on him. It is amazing all the we forgot...first smile, first tooth, first haircut, first soild food, etc...each one was so cute. He is now approaching 5 and it just seems like yesterday that we were on our way to the hospital. I have loved every stage for something different....each one also comes with difficulties also. He is really a special little boy. He comes up with such funny things....what you ask.....
1. he wants to marry me because he thinks his dad is getting old and may die soon
2. he doesn't EVER want to get married because girls are too much trouble
3. he wants to be a firefighter, doctor, vet, and work at Cat...he will be busy
4. he doesn't want to get old because "old men" can't hear....unless they get hearing aids
5. he has the prettiest mom in all the world (melts my heart)
6. he doesn't need school...claims he already knows everything he needs to know

I could go on and on....he makes us laugh every day. The best is a little personal but I will share...he happened to come in while I was in the shower. He asked later what had happened to my penis...I explained I didn't have one because I was a girl. He talked about "ba-ginas" for a couple of weeks and moved on..until yesterday!! A girl at school had an accident and took it upon herself to take off her tights, underwear, and shoes. She had her dress lifted up and she was exposed while getting her new clothing on....I didn't even think Ian noticed. When we got home he was like...do you think she was born that way...with no penis?? I explained that all girls are born like that....he nods and says ok. I ask him what he thought before...he thought your penis fell off in the toliet when you have a baby?? I have no idea where he gets this from, but he was dead serious. He than wanted to know if his dad knew this...I said he does...that was it..not mentioned again...at least for now.

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Ian is a special little boy! He could not be ANY cuter. Amy told me yesterday that he let the girls go first at something even though it was his turn because "ladies first." That is so cute. You are teaching him well.

Holli said...

Are you sure daddy knows? Ha! If only they didn't:) Oh and for some reason I opened up your blog and it is no longer blue..... hope Ian is feeling better!