Thursday, March 6, 2008

I need more sleep....

I finally had to be the "bad guy" and put a stop to all the late night partying going on between Ian and his dad. Ian has been staying up until about 8:30 everynight and getting up at about 8:00 in the morning. He has been a real grouch to say the least. I finally explained bedtime is 7:30!!! We read our Bible as a family and than it is lights out for Mr. Ian. He is so much happier when he gets his sleep...just like mommy! He needs about 13 hours each night.
He has been wearing this hat to bed. Mind you it is a size 2T and he is 4 years old. He saw it on a show and thinks it is cool. I take it off when I go to bed because it would get too hot. Kids look so innocent and sweet when they sleep. He is just so fun. Today we went to the park and he kept telling all the girls that they could go first because the rule is.."ladies first"...all the moms loved it. We have been going over good manners around other and it must be working. I just need to work on good manners around the house. He has started burping...saying excuse me...than laughing...ok...not funny. I know it will pass, but my fear is it will start at the other end. Not pretty.

3 comments:

Holli Bain said...

Tina,

We are going through the same with manners at the Bain house. Coulson really thinks its funny too, I am on him bad. It is very refreshing and makes you feel good when you are complimented on his manners. Keep it up!

Holli

Anonymous said...

He is so cute! I have worked really hard to get Olivia in bed by 8:00-8:30. I agree that you just want to hold them or stare at them while they sleep. The hats must be a boy thing. Nicholas had on a pumpkin hat (from when he was 6 months old) and walked into the room with it on carrying a tray to serve me tea. It was really funny.
(I wanted to see how this worked)
Laura

Cathren12 (mom) said...

He is so cute!!!!!!!!!! In the Duffy household, I think I need more sleep than the kids or anyone else - I am such a grump if I don't get enough sleep. But moms never get to rest or be sick! oh well, at least we get to see how beautiful they are when they sleep.