Friday, September 26, 2008

Thanks.....

A real quick thanks to all those prayers for Ian and myself. He has had a GREAT last two days!!! He hasn't gotten as sad and when he does he works through it...THANKS EVERYONE!!! Everyone has been asking about the egg story....

Quick summary....

When we returned from our honeymoon Jeff's mom had a food for us waiting at our new house...it was the day after Easter...so she had boiled eggs...I decided to have a boiled egg...tried to peel it and the shell was stuck to the egg...I basically ended up with the yoke....I tried several eggs and had the same result. I approach Jeff and explained his mother couldn't boil eggs....rule #1...don't talk about his momma!! He explained to me that she was a great cook and maybe I needed to learn from her....WOW....just back from the honeymoon!! I took my wise mothers words from before my wedding which where...."don't say anything negative about his mother to him"...I have no reason and I didn't think that was negative, but to Jeff I had basically called her a piece of "no good trash"...I than decided to confess my horrible sin to my mother-in-law and called her and told her that she couldn't boil
eggs...and you know what she still can't to this day...but don't tell Jeff!! My mother-in-law laughed of course and that was it...luckly I don't have any negatives to say about my mother in law, but if I did I would probably just have to share them with my girlfriends...remember...DON'T MESS WITH JEFF'S MOMMA!!!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Your mum is absolutely correct ;-)