Wednesday, September 24, 2008

The Good and the Bad.....

Ian is really liking school...he has made so many friends!! He plays Transformers on the playground everyday...thanks Aunt Karen for buying all those when you where here...he is now cool on the playground. His school also has a Fall Harvest on Friday. The little ones perform a song and refreshments are served...by the way...I am baking 200 sugar cookies and decorating them!! I thought I would have all this free time...ha ha!! He is learning so much...everyday he is coming home with new words to read and books to read. It is amazing all they do here...he does love that part.
Now the bad....he misses me!! Everyday he has a few tears after lunch...he is ready to come home. The teacher always reassures him that I will be there when school is over and gives him a cuddle(hug) to make it better. It works pretty good, but he is a smart one. This is a typical morning....after breakfast, cartoons, teethbrushing, and getting dressed...we pray for a good day, thank God for sending his Son do die for us, and put our armor on aganist Satan and all his tricks. Once at school...I always adjust his "armor"...this makes him laugh and I go about my day. Today he tells me that his heart hurts even though he has his armor on...kill me now. His little lip quivered and he was fighting the tears....I can't take it. He is so tender hearted....this is where Jeff claims he gets it from him or his side of the family...I guess we are all cold hearted on my side...only kidding. I remember I was the same way at school and until a few years ago Jeff would have slept in his mothers womb at night if possible....lucky I love her so much...this could bring about issues...remind me to write about the "boiled egg" incident sometime...anyway please pray the Ian just gets through his day without his heart hurting to be at home.

4 comments:

Amy said...

Oh my goodness -- you have me crying (go figure!). I truly hope his armor protected him today from sadness and everything else crazy that goes along with being a child. (Hope it makes you a little happier knowing that he was running around the playground this afternoon and seemed to be having a good time.) Bless the little guy...

Stacey said...

Oh Tina, I love you guys so much!! Just remember you are more emotional than usual right now. We will pray for you guys. I pray with my kids in the morning before they head off for school and they love it and depend on it everyday-they never forget. You are GREAT parents and funny one about Jeff in his mothers womb-you kill me! Just know that sending Ian to school is making him more independent for when the baby arrives.

Corrina Dea said...

Tina - You are an amazing woman and "mum" and I am learning so much from you. Before Addison was born I cried about her leaving and getting married already...time is so precious, but I think you are making the most of the time you have with your little guy. God is smiling on you!

Anonymous said...

Tina, you are amazing! I feel like crying after reading this. Amy will understand me ;-) Hope Ian will enjoyed his school more.
and WHAT??!!! 200 SUGAR COOKIES?!!!!! You should open a baker shop.

Min