Friday, November 28, 2008

Thanksgiving...a day late....

Yesterday was Thanksgiving in the states...I spoke with most of you yesterday..hope you enjoyed your family time and food. I was thinking of all the things I am thankful for and started to make a list...but realized that I take most of them for granted so am I really thankful for them...only when I have them taken away. Sad to say, but true...I don't know many people that wake up every single morning and take that warm shower, dry off with a towel, get dressed, eat breakfast, drive your kid to school, etc. and think how grateful they are for all of that...but I do know tons that complain if just one of those things goes wrong or is taken from them...myself included.
I was going to bed last night...Jeff is out of town...AGAIN...anyway Ian and I were saying our prayers. I started off and it was just really flowing...lots of words to God and kind of like a conversation...I got so caught up I forgot that Ian was there..he was sooo quite. I finished and tradionally he adds anything he wants to add...well he was on a roll yesterday. He was praying like I can't imagine any other 5 year old prays..the things that he was saying were so grown up and he "really" gets it...I just sit there in amazed once again by my son. He is not perfect by any means, but he really has a heart for God and wants to please him with his words, actions, etc.
I than realized that I am so grateful that Ian will have the knowledge to pass this on to his future children, grandchildren, etc. That is just amazing!! I am also so grateful for every experience, failure, heartbreak, achievement, etc....because all of those together have made me have this faith in God that is unbelieveable....

2 comments:

Stacey said...

Awesome!! Happy Thanksgiving!!! Love and miss you!!

Holli said...

God is so good!