Monday, December 1, 2008

The Big Debate.....

We have had a big debate going on here....should we or shouldn't we?? Find out the sex of the baby that is....I don't want to...Jeff insists on it...Ian is split on it. I would love to wait...just like I wanted with Ian, but Jeff thinks a surprise is a surprise no matter when you get it...me on the other hand....I would love to wait and see when it comes out. I feel like the birth will all be planned this time, so we should wait on the gender. Guess what...I lose. Jeff is taking 1/2 day to do with me so that he can see the sonogram....I guess this means alot to him because I sometimes wonder if he would take off for my funeral. I will post the gender of Thursday....that is if it will cooperate...the last two times the sonograms have been horrible...bad positions. I am pretty sure I already know...I will let you know on Thursday if I was right.

7 comments:

Holli Bain said...

Don't Do It!!! With everything that we have at our disposal in our anxious society, this is one of the last surprises that you can have! When the doctor or nurse says, "It's a boy or a girl!" It's a great feeling regardless but that's one of the last surprises. Don't do it!

Holli

Stacey said...

I AGREE-DON'T DO IT!!!! Make Jeff read these. The people that say it is a surprise either way just have to be in control and be ultra organized. We have done 2 and 2 and we BOTH agree that the surprise is BETTER!! I hate to say it but it is true. When Sawyer and Beckett came out and they said "It's a boy" we were like "yeah, we know." There is excitement during the ultrasound but it IS NOT the same. That being said, I can't wait to know myself so I will be anxiously logging on to your blog on Thurs.!!

Meghan said...

Okay Tina... I have to side with Jeff on this one. You HAVE to find out!! If not everyone will buy you all green and yellow. :) with knowing you can fix up the room gender appropriate and get all the cute pink or blue clothes!! I have found out all 3 and didn't feel I missed any excitment at the birth. And I must say I was cracking up about Jeff and his never missing work. Very obvious he trained Joe as Joe drug into work last week with a high fever and puking!! I am sure they were all thrilled he was there.

Amy said...

I REALLY can't wait to find out the gender of your baby; however I, too, would recommend waiting.

Holli said...

I say DO IT! of course thats my motto JUST DO IT! ok so not my motto but they have made a lot of money on those words!:) and JEFF is right for once:) a surprise is a surprise and the most exciting thing is not the sex - OF THE BABY:) but seeing your child for the first time!:)

Piper and Dirk Trotter said...

I think it's really cool when people don't find out....but I am not one of those people and I'm DYING to know what you're having!!!! I'm on Jeff's team. Can't wait until Thursday!!!!!

Cathren12 (mom) said...

FIND OUT! Now for me I was having weekly sonos so there was no way to not know but I just loved being able to call Brittney & Sophie by their name when they were in my tummy. I would sing to them & talk to them by name. But hey, it is you going through the pregnancy so I say YOU should get to call the shots :-)