Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Don't climb a volcano....






Today we climbed a volcano in Greece....skip it!! It was so hot and rocky!! I know what did I expect, but I hated it. Ian loved it!! He kept talking about what Cat machines were needed to work in the area. Jeff was no saying anything...lack of sleep. After the exhausting volcano climb we went to swim in the hot springs of the volcano. A boat took us out in the ocean and got about one quarter mile from the springs and shore. I did get Ian a life jacket and we were ready to get in...than Jeff forgot his googles so he goes back to get them...leaving Ian and I to get in the water. We climb down the ladder and into the ocean...Ian gets scared...really scared...he is clawing at me all the while I am in 30 foot water after climbing a volcano. I thought he was going to drown me...I felt horrible but I had to push him away and start swimming..he was so upset about the sharks...that right!! Jeff is nowhere to be found and I am about to drown in the ocean...I finally just grabbed his lifejacket from behind and started swimming to shore...all the while he was crying.
We finally located Jeff and I explained the situation about swimming back to the boat..he was going to take over this time. Needless to say, Jeff did better, but it was still a struggle. Ian freaked when we would get into the blue water with all the fish and sea creatures next to us....why did I let him watch Jaws??? Don't say that I should have hung on to his life jacket...I tried it didn't work...he was too upset to wouldn't stay still...I have the marks on my arm to prove it...bad idea from me!! We got back took showers and slept 4 hours!!!
Here are some photos from the past few days....

5 comments:

Amy said...

You are absolutely hilarious!!! ;o) I know it wasn't funny for you when it was happening -- but it is REALLY funny to read about. I can totally see my kids doing the exact same as Ian. I'm glad you guys made it safe and sound to the top of the volcano and at least got to get in the water. Miss you and hope you enjoy the rest of your trip!!!

Stacey said...

That is just craziness! I can tell it was disturbing for you to even type due to all your gramatical errors and mispellings. I thought I was reading Holli's blog for a minute. LOL!!

Corrina Dea said...

I can relate with the freaking out in the middle of the ocean water...I have panic attacks all the time. Sorry the volcano was rough...I guess getting used to that kind of climate is a bit hard in a country that doesn't get warmer than 75 degrees and rains all the time. Love you and hope the rest of your trip goes well.

Holli said...

jaws, indian jones and you think non violent video games are bad!!!???
HA HA STACEY!!!

Holli said...

and can you please not go topless......JEFF!:) just kidding tina you look like you are showing the world your "real" self!:)