Friday, August 7, 2009

Right in our own backyard.....

I have no photos this time...sorry Holli...but I just have to write this down so that I remember it in the future.

Living in England was for a time. Traveling the world was fun!! I just never realized how much neat stuff was right in front of me and I just didn't notice it and it is in the United States!!

We just got back from driving to Kentucky and Tennesee..I have done this about 100 or more times in my life...when we lived there. I can't tell you have beautiful it was...I gotta say give me dirty France or these mountains..with fresh waterfalls, the rocks, etc...not a chance I would pick the ugly steel Effel Tower.

I always thought my sisters former neighbors were crazy..they would get in the car and drive around looking at flowers, graveyards, cornfields, etc...taking photos....they loved it...I should add they were from England.

Jeff and I were sitting outside last night...this was the first time this has happened this summer...we were alone...we just talked about how we wouldn't want to be anywhere else right now...yep..Peoria Illinois is it!!

3 comments:

Holli said...

I am so glad you didn't add pictures. yellow brown grass and humidity you can hardly breath doesn't make the prettiest of pictures....;)
I would choose the 71 degree weather breeze blowing through our house right now! (and might I add it is SUNNY!) oh and sat and eat outside at Esporta today too- HOW YOU LIKE THOSE APPLES?:)
I am so glad you are happy in IL! Miss you and love you even if you don't like the Mother Land!:)

Stacey said...

I love Illinois too-it is just HOME!! I have to say though that I did enjoy the Eiffel Tower but not the dog poop on the sidewalks in Paris. Love the new pics. in the previous post. I need to get my hands on that baby!!!

Marti said...

Great insight! There is nothing like contentment. So glad you guys are doing well and are settled.