Saturday, August 29, 2009

No luck with my first try at pulling teeth...

There was a time when Ian would have thought this photo was cool...he is growing up alright. This was a photo set up for Jade and he happened to be messing around and she took the photo..he was like.."Mom"..."this is for a girl"...back in the day..he would have liked it.
I would love to post all the photos I have taken of Ian, but I don't have any right now..he is refusing to get his picture taken...it has been an eventful past 2 weeks..he fell and got a huge ugly black-eye. He was running in crocs and fresh sod and fell...always a deadly combination. It is healing at the moment, but continues to change colors daily...it is now to the point that he looks like Boy George with all his eyeshadow. He has also lost one tooth and another is on its way out...literally. I picked him up from school and he announced he didn't eat his apple or carrots..he will only be eating "soft" foods for awhile..I inquire..he explains his tooth is falling out...I ask to see it...GROSS!! It is all sideways and just hanging on...gag! I don't do teeth...it makes me sick. Jeff pulled out the last one but he is out of town. We get home...I run through my mind..you can do this...just do it. I ask him if I can pull it.."NO". I just want to look...he opens..I get my courage...I take a tug with my eyes closed..expecting to see a tooth in my hand and Ian grinning with delight...didn't happen. I got nothing. Ian starts crying and screaming saying I lied....I tried to pull it. How do you defend that...I couldn't. Ian is off to spend the night with Jeff's parents...I am hoping he comes back without a tooth...I tried to explain.."Grandpa delivers babies and he has done lots of surgeries..tooth surgery he askes..darn kid..he gets me everytime. Anyway, he is off to have a night of fun followed by a day of fun with his Aunt Karen...the are going to a snake and reptile show(not fun), Lou's drive in( it is the last day of the season), Fired up( to make pottery) and someplace else that I don't know about...sounds fun to me.





3 comments:

Amy said...

Hilarious! I always freaked out when Brett would have a loose tooth. I normally can handle many things when it relates to my kids -- but pulling teeth with ease isn't one of them. Hope he has a fun day and comes home with one less tooth! ;o)

Stacey said...

Bring him to me....I will pull it. I have no problems with that whatsoever. Tie dental floss around it and pull it-sometimes you can even tie it off-works like a charm!!

The Shoes said...

Max is the same way. He has lost 3 teeth and didn't pull out any of them. One he lost eating watermelon on my parents' driveway! So obviously it was quite loose. His cousin offered him $1 to pull the other one so I told Max just to eat this hard peach and it just popped right out. Blake took care of the other one! Hope you are ok with Jeff gone. Call if you need anything!