Thursday, February 28, 2008

EARTHQUAKE!!!

What is all that shaking going on at 1:00 a.m.????? This is would a good mother would think/say/or a least react to during an EARTHQUAKE!!! A 5.3 at that...not this mom. Yep...I slept through an earthquake. I do faintly remember hearing the lamp and mirror shaking, but that is it. Jeff was in the other room...he has this dry cough that starts at night...keeps him up coughing on and off all night...so I gave him the boot to the other room. Ian awoke me and asked what was happening. He must have been confused also because he then just said he wanted to tell me that he loved me and I was beautiful. I do remember laying in bed thinking what just happened here, but quickly went back to sleep. The next morning I heard about it on the radio. I was like...that is what this was...that is why Ian was up...ok...makes sense now. I called Jeff and he did wake up, but went back to bed right away also.
I would love to be able to say that I secured the house and my family to make sure they were safe, but no...I slept. I figure pretty much anyone could back in and take whatever they wanted without me waking up. Anyway, I will be ready for the next one. They said there hasn't been one here in 25 years, if that is the case I have a while more. I do assume that Jeff will not be in England in 25 years...if he doesn't get back home by than he will retire!!

No comments: