Sunday, May 24, 2009

We have a new STATE CHAMPION!!!!!

I don't have my photos to post yet....but it was amazing!!! Metamora has never won state before....they were always said to be the bridesmaid rather than the bride...yesterday we had a wedding....and we have a BRIDE so to speak!!! Amanda placed first in the state in the 800 meter run and second in state in the 400 run!! It was great!!
We are having a big party today....I will post all my photos when I get them. After the races all the colleges were giving me info on their school running programs...they thought I was her mother...I know we look alike....but I feel 20 so this doesn't work for me...just kidding.

Reminder for anyone moving from overseas to another country...don't get your shipment with a 5 week old baby....bad move on my part!!!! I just cry, pray, unpack, cry, pray, unpack....you notice I don't add in sleep anywhere!!!

5 comments:

Holli said...

Congrats to the "bride"!:)
Praying for you! hope you get unpacked soon and sleep even SOONER!!!

Stacey said...

Very exciting for Amanda!! I think it is most exciting for you though. I feel bad for you with your shipment!! I went through it with an almost 6 mo. old so I feel your pain!! I swear I am still not done a year later. Just remember...you have the rest of your life to unpack..take a break-hire some people to do it for you!

The Shoes said...

Congratulations to Amanda! Dan said he saw the highlights on the news and she won by quite a bit. How exciting for your family. Tuesday is our day for the storage and I am dreading it! The actual shipment will be even worse I'm sure! Don't worry about getting it all done. I know I will want to get it finished ASAP and it will be hard to take a break. Don't drive yourself crazy and enjoy that little girl!

Amy said...

Absolutely WONDERFUL news for Amanda! Congratulations!!! Receiving your overseas shipment is totally overwhelming -- and I can't even imagine trying to handle it with a newborn. Just attempt to take your time and get some rest in between. PLEASE call me is you need help with anything.

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to Amanda.
Good luck on your unpacking! Miss you all.