Friday, September 25, 2009

Homecoming week at Metmora....

This has been such a busy week..in fact...I am out the door in 20 minutes to do lunch duty at Ian's school...and than off to the parade..hope the rain STOPS.

Grandpa and the grand kids playing and watching Amanda run cross country...

Amanda after 3 miles stops by to give hugs to her cousins...she looks fine...but next time we will take before running..she was sweating...I mean "glowing"

Just seems like yesterday she was the freshmen attendant and now she is the senior attendant...how time just zips by us so quickly...

This is not her date for homecoming..they had the crowning ceremony last night...this is the same guy that she was with when they were freshman attendants..I need to dig that photo out and look at the changes in both of them...

The dance was getting ready to begin...I had to show these "kids" how was done back in the day...yep...I had to pull out a few moves...luckily I had just showered and put my ointment on so all the joints were loose..just kidding...I actually just went home after this..freshman year I stayed and danced the night away..I knew my night was only beginning...sweet Jade was waiting at home for me to dance the night away in her room. Amanda did assure me that she will be at all of Jade's events..you know because she will be 34 years old when Jade is 17!!!!! Amanda didn't get queen of the dance, but she got runner up. It was weird not seeing her "win" like always, but it was a good weird if that makes sense...the girl that won is a really sweet girl so it couldn't have worked out better and I had already told myself if Amanda didn't win I would give her the North Face jacket I got her for Christmas early as a runner up prize...it all works out...because I couldn't have kept that jacket until Christmas!!!

4 comments:

Piper and Dirk Trotter said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Piper and Dirk Trotter said...

Great pics! Such a good lookin' family you have!!!

Stacey said...

I love your close relationship with Amanda!! I wish I lived close to my nieces!! You look beautiful by the way!!

Amy said...

Wonderful pictures! Thank you so much for inviting us to join your family today at the parade. We loved it! Great spending time with you all. Are you dancing away with Jade again tonight?! ;o) Love your little munchkins...