Thursday, January 1, 2009

We made it back to England....

We came back yesterday afternoon...got at this house, unpacked some things, had dinner, showered, and went to bed and slept for 18 hours! We are finally up and trying to get a few things done before going to bed again. We weren't very excited to come back here...we had decided that there is no place like our home!! We had so much fun at our house...playing in the snow with Beau, hanging out by the fire, seeing our family whenever we wanted to, going to movies, and just so much more!!
Ian and I will be traveling back in 6 WEEKS to prepare for the baby to be born....I promised him today that I would put up a calendar to mark everyday down so he knows how much time he has left. He wanted to stay and wait for me to come back, but I knew he would miss us....well we think he would.
We did get most of the things done that we wanted to get done....mind you I only visited with one friend...and that was only for about 30 minutes, but I couldn't pass the chance to see you beautiful baby...Lennon. The highlight was Lennon went to the bathroom on his mother...just a tiny bit...but it made Ian's trip!!
I will post some photos later today...I have lots from Christmas....I do have some highlights from the trip....

1. Finding out we are having a GIRL!!
2. Going to dinner and dealing with the shock of having a GIRL!!
3. The clothes for a girl...need I say more
4. Amanda turning 17...it just seems like yesterday she was born
5. Helping my parents pick out stuff for their new condo
6. Our roof leaking in the sunroom and getting a new roof for the whole house....wow those are expensive...but necessary
7. Getting my new Jeep...that seats 7..that was my main concern...and yep Jeff pulled through for me...thanks!!
8. Getting new windows for the house...again needed...not wanted...
9. Deciding how we were going to budget our finances for the first time in at least 10 years...anyone who knows me well knows that I love this....Jeff is not as good at it as I am...
11. Spending time with our family during this season...it really didn't get to out of hand this year...we really cut back...

3 comments:

Stacey said...

Wished I could have seen you! Sounds like it was pretty crazy. I will look forward to seeing you when you get back.

Piper and Dirk Trotter said...

Glad you guys made it home safely and I'm glad Lennon made Ian's day. Did you tell him he better get used to it? It was great to see you guys....I can't wait until February!!!

Holli said...

glad you are back and so JEALOUS of the 18 hours- I have slept 5 in the last 24..... praying tonight is good!