Thursday, July 24, 2008

Home sweet home???? I don't think so...










Ian and I are back in the UK after a wonderful trip to the US. We got back on Tuesday late afternoon. We spent the day yesterday with jet lag, but after a 13 hour sleep we seem to be feeling much better. The weather here is beautiful...80 and sunny. This is a treat for England. I am posting some pictures of our last day at the pool. We had so much fun at my sisters pool. Ian loved it. I can't believe he learned to swim so quickly. It will make our upcoming cruise all the more fun.

I am am also posting pictures of Ian's last day of school. He had to go back one last day to get his projects he had made throughout the year. He loves that school...I can't believe he will be going all day next year. I don't know what I will do with all that time...I am sure it will get filled quickly. The end of the year party was a little different verses American end of the year activities. They offered wine and beer. The teachers received whiskey as one of the end of the year gifts from the students. I guess when I think back to my teaching days I could have used a bottle on my last day!

We were very sad to leave the states. I like it here, but it is not home. I miss everyone so much. My parents are looking at a condo right down the street from our house in Washington. They are thinking about buying now and slowly moving in a little at a time. We are planning on moving back to the states next summer sometime...but you never know...maybe sooner...maybe later.

6 comments:

Stacey said...

It will go fast-I promise. I can't wait to see pics. of Ian in his school uniform. BTW, thanks for the adorable picture of Ian that I received in the mail a couple of days ago.

Holli said...

so glad you are back and you actually said something positive about the place BUT I want the regular weather back- my ACs are not cutting it!:)

Holli said...

oh and about you leaving.....aren't you just visiting here? when are you going home? did you really move here? I always thought you were just visiting your hubby every few weeks!
:)

Anonymous said...

Hi-I just got back from the shore. I hope all is well with you. The pictures from the past month are great...what a wonderful family portrait...everyone looks so happy:) I tried to email at the beginning of the summer but didn't hear back. I dreamed about you last night so I must have you on my mind! Take care,

Laura

Cathren12 (mom) said...

Well you can fill those "free" days with trips to the gym, another Bible study group (and we always have chocolate), and lunch dates :-)

Amy said...

Very neat pictures. How did the last day of Playgroup go? Looks like Ian had a lot of fun. Miss you and hope to see you soon...