Monday, December 28, 2009

Happy Birthday Amanda....18 years old!!!



I am in total disbelief....as I was putting Jade down tonight, I just can't believe Amanda is 18 today. We had a party for her and she got lots of cool stuff...yep...we got her the Northface coat she has been wanting...Ian kept telling her it was a blanket...pretty smart on his part. Anyway, it just seems like yesterday that she was born...I can't believe it!
I still remember what I was wearing when I held her for the first time...and my hair...too bad I still don't have that getup...it works today...oops...I can't fit in it anymore!
It makes me realize all the more how quickly times goes by...Jade will be 18 in the blink of an eye...I just hope she sleeps all night by that time...if she doesn't she will get kicked out...hey she will be 18!! Seriously...it made me want to stop time and just hold on to this moment...I don't want anything to change...it is all to good!!
Amanda is and always has been very special to me...she used to spend every weekend with me, go on all my first dates, and she was just my all around sidekick for many years...she is great! We prayed tonight that her heart would always stay with the Lord and that she would bring others to know him and accept him. We thanked him for her talents and gifts that she has been blessed with in this life. Happy Birthday Princess...it just seems like yesterday you were born and now you are a wonderful women that I couldn't be more proud of in a lifetime!!
(she has now moved on to be called..."Queen"...Jade is now the Princess)

3 comments:

Holli said...

time really does go way to fast!!! Happy Birthday to your niece (I still think she is your daughter hehe!)

Amy said...

Happy Birthday to Amanda! It is scary how fast time flies by. Your blog entry made my eyes tear up (go figure!). Hope you all had a wonderful Christmas!!!

Stacey said...

Why did you have to make me cry!!! Faith is only 7 years and 2months away from being 18! UGH!!! I agree with Holli on everything she wrote. I hope your family had a wonderful Christmas!!! I hope to see you soon!